[German title: Wie Wissensarbeiter zusammenarbeiten]
DeFillippi, R. et al.: Knowledge at Work. Creative Collaboration in the Global Economy. Blackwell, 2006. 296 p.
ISBN: 9781405107563 (pbk); ISBN10: 1405107561 (pbk);
ISBN: 9781405107556 (hbk); ISBN10: 1405107553 (hbk)
Abstract: This book’s unique perspective stems from its “knowledge diamond” framework to examine how individuals, communities, organizations and host industries reciprocally influence each other in the course of knowledge work.
- This highly topical book focuses on work-based projects as a focus for organizational learning.
- Establishes the link between individual, community, organization and industry learning.
- Suggests that organizations need to recognise and understand this link if they are to capitalize on project-based learning.
- Incorporates material on project-based learning in virtual communities.
- Refers to different examples, such as the film industry, the software industry and the boat building industry.
- Includes end-of-chapter questions provoking reflection and discussion.
Go to the publisher’s website of the book.
© Blackwell Publishing 2006.