[German title: Aufruf für Buchkapitel-Beiträge: Wissensmanagemen-Buch]
CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTERS:
Alex Koohang (University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, USA) is inviting you to submit via email by Feb. 20 the following:
- 500-word abstract of a proposed chapter, accompanied by a
- one-page preliminary outline of the proposed chapter for a book on Knowledge Management.
The book will be published by Informing Science Press (www.ispress.org) and be made available online without charge (as well as in print). This will maximize the impact of your contribution to science.
Topics covering all aspects of Knowledge Management (KM), theory, practice, innovation, and research, are welcomed. Some suggested topics are, but not limited to the following:
- Business Intelligence
- Communities of Practice
- Intellectual Capital
- Knowledge Management Systems/Tools
- Learning Organization
- Organizational Learning
- Strategy & Policy
- Technology Transfer & Development
- Virtual Organization
- Any other topics relevant to KM
Your abstract must contain an explanation of the topic you will write about and summarize what you propose to write. Please be concise, clear, and persuasive. Follow the abstract with your one-page preliminary outline of the proposed chapter.
By February 20, 2007, email your abstract and the one-page preliminary outline in one document as an attachment file to Alex Koohang at email@example.com. The purpose of abstracts is to determine the suitability and suggest areas for improvements. Authors for accepted proposals will be given 100 days to complete the first-draft of the chapter. All chapters will be subjected to blind review by three or more reviewers.
Alex Koohang & Keith Harman
- February 20, 2007 (Abstracts due)
- March 20, 2007 (Authors are notified regarding the acceptance of their abstracts)
- June 28, 2007 (Completed chapters are due to Editor)
- July 1 – 31, 2007 (Chapters are blind refereed by three or more reviewers)
- August 30, 2007 (Authors will be notified to revise their chapters)
- September 30, 2007 (Revised chapters are due)
- October to December 2007 (Editing and production)
- January 2008 (Book will be in print)