[German title: [Aufruf für Redner] WM 2.0: KMWorld & Intranets 2007, San Jose, CA]
KMWorld & Intranets, Nov. 6-8, 2007, San Jose McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA
(deadline April 20).
Call For Speakers KM 2.0: A New World for the Enterprise
If interaction and participation are the catchwords for the Web 2.0 world, then KM 2.0 represents the enterprise of the future, an enterprise where communication and collaboration enhance business goals and achievements, improve knowledge sharing and transfer, and provide a competitive advantage for the organization.
KMWorld & Intranets 2007 uses many interactive techniques – knowledge cafes, group conversations, wikis, communities of interest — to illustrate the enterprise of the future while highlighting thought leaders in the fields of knowledge sharing, transfer, and retention; enterprise architecture and infrastructure; organizational culture and change; as well as strategies, processes and technology.
Combined with practical events focused on core issues for the enterprise – Enterprise Search Summit and Taxonomy Boot Camp – KMWorld & Intranets 2007 is the place to learn and practice new enterprise strategies for your organization.
The 11th annual KMWorld & Intranets Conference and Exhibition offers a wide-ranging program especially focused to meet the needs of executives and strategic business and technology decision makers. This is a must-attend for those concerned with improving their organization’s bottom line, business processes and productivity, as well as streamlining operations and accelerating development and innovation in their evolving enterprises.
This year’s theme, KM 2.0: A New World for the Enterprise, emphasizes that there are new ways to exchange knowledge within the enterprise which are totally integrated into daily business and work processes and are having a major impact on organizational innovation and success. A reality check for the business manager, this year’s KMWorld & Intranets Conference and Exhibition looks directly at improving business processes, solving urgent business problems, and expanding communication, creativity and innovation. As always, the conference program covers the strategies, practices, processes, tools and solutions for enterprises. This year, the emphasis is heavily in favor of practical, hands-on advice and real-world experience as well as interactive forums and networking activities. This is a conference that stresses solutions that businesspeople can use immediately in their organizations.
KMWorld & Intranets 2007 is comprehensive, with many simultaneous tracks plus numerous workshops and more networking opportunities than ever before. Dozens of sessions fill these conference tracks:
- Innovation Strategies, Techniques & Practices
- Thought Leader Forums & Exchanges
- KM Strategies: Business Processes, Case Studies & ROI
- Enterprise 2.0 & The Enterprise of the Future
- Knowledge Sharing & Transfer: Tools & Technologies
- Intranets & Portals: Design, Usability, Leading Trends
- Content Management: Applications, Practices & Tools
- Culture, Change & Learning Organizations
To participate in KMWorld & Intranets 2007 as a possible speaker or workshop leader, or suggest a speaker, pleaseto post your submission no later than April 20, 2007.
Submissions must include a proposed title and description of the session, speaker’s and co-presenter’s name(s) and full contact information, a few sentences of biographical information relating the speaker to the topic. All submissions will be reviewed by the Organizing/Review Committee and notification regarding acceptance will be made by July.
KMWorld & Intranets 2007 topics will include (but not be limited to) the strategic, technical, cultural and managerial issues surrounding:
- KM 2.0 – New Tools & Practices
- Blogs, Wikis & Social Networking Media
- Innovation: Strategies & Case Studies
- Enterprise 2.0 & the Enterprise of the Future
- Achieving ROI with Intranets & the Enterprise
- Dealing with Organizational Cultures & Change
- KM Techniques & Experiences
- Enlisting Top Management Support
- Business Performance Measures & Metrics
- Enterprise Content Management Strategies and Tools
- Using Knowledge Cafes
- Business Process Management
- Intranet Governance & Standards
- Collaborative Tools & Solutions
- Critical Success Factors for KM Initiatives
- Winning KM & Intranet Strategies
- Intranet Customization & Personalization
- Improving Organizational Knowledge Flows
- eGovernment Strategies & Applications
- Communities of Practice
- eLearning Strategies & Case Studies
- Intranet Design & Usability
- Managing Intranet Teams
- And. KM/Intranet Implementation Case Studies, Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Remember submit your proposals at .
Jane Dysart KMWorld & Intranets 2007 Conference Chair
Dysart & Jones Associates