[German title: IKON Forschungsstipendien, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick]
IKON Research Scholarships
The IKON (Innovation, Knowledge & Organizational Networks) Research Centre invites applications for doctoral research scholarships to run for 3 years (subject to satisfactory progress) starting in October 2007. These new scholarships provide 5000GBP p.a. which may be used towards Warwick University PhD fees (currently 3200GBP at UK/EU level) and/or living expenses. Successful applicants will be able to fully participate in the IKON Research Centre activities.
Applications should aim to complement any aspect of IKON’s current research programme, but applicants with an interest in the following areas are especially welcome:
- Comparative international (esp. UK, US, Brazil) studies of biomedical innovation focusing on the translation of innovation into clinical practice
- The role of social networks and ‘communities of practice’ in supporting innovation
- The institutional and organizational barriers to the development of ‘open innovation’ strategies by firms
- The role of social factors, including trust, in the commercialization of early stage technology
- The influence of fashion, social networks, and discourses on the spread of new management ideas and organisational forms
- Knowledge and learning in project-based organizations
- The circulation of innovation in health care
- Practice-based approaches to knowing and learning in organisations
Students who are also applying for ESRC studentships are particularly welcome (note – deadline for these ESRC applications is 1st May 2007. Contact ESRC for more information). Applicants should have a relevant masters’ degree, although consideration will be given to those with other appropriate experience.
Further information about the scholarships are available from IKON’s research coordinator, Dawn Coton (tel: +44 (0)24 7652 4503). Informal enquiries, including discussion or advice on potential research topics, can be addressed to the IKON Director, Professor Jacky Swan (tel: +44 (0)24 7652 4271).
Application forms and further particulars about the doctoral programme at WBS are available from the Doctoral Secretary, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, (tel: 024 7652 4754).
The scholarship is only open to students who are beginning their doctoral studies at Warwick. Applicants should normally have, or expect to obtain by September 2007, a relevant masters’ degree (e.g. in organization studies, innovation studies etc.) Applicants without such qualifications who can demonstrate appropriate other experience are also welcome to apply.
Applicants will have to fulfil the normal entry requirements of Warwick Business School and the University. Applications should be made using the standard University form, marked ‘IKON Research Studentship’. They must be accompanied by two referees’ reports and by a statement of research plans, covering; justification for the research topic and why it fits into IKON’s research programme; relationship of the research to existing knowledge in its particular field and the anticipated contribution; and an outline of the research methods to be used. Plans should be sufficiently detailed to explain the nature and significance of the proposed research (normally about 2500 words).
The closing date for applications is 15th June, 2007.
For further information go to IKON’s website.