[German title: [Konferenz] Aufruf für Beiträge: CIB-W102 und W096 Konferenz, Juni 2008, Helsinki (Translate text to: Deutsch)]
CIB-W102 and W096 conference: Improving performance of construction organizations, Helsinki, Finland, June 3-4, 2008
CIB-W102 explores, for example, information and knowledge management processes and technologies to improve performance in the construction supply chains; the challenges of global markets for professionals, firms and the construction industry in different countries; the challenges of innovation, information and knowledge transfer to Small and Medium Enterprises; and how the exploitation of information and knowledge management could benefit construction education.
Topics of interests include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Knowledge based performance improvement
- Architectural design management and knowledge
- Communicating design
- Integral Design and knowledge development
- Data and knowledge sharing in construction projects
- Role of client in the construction process
- Adaptation of KM in organizations
- How to build and maintain viable KM architectures and thriving communities of practice
- Networking with knowledge
In addition, we are also seeking contributions from the industry to submit papers that describe solutions in information and knowledge management areas addressed by this conference. Knowledge-management papers of all types are welcome.
Participants wishing to make a presentation are invited to submit an abstract by October 10th 2007 and full paper related to the conference themes by January 30th 2008.
For further details go to the conference website.