[German title: Aufruf für Artikel- und Präsentationsbeiträge: APKMC2007, Hong Kong (Translate text to: Deutsch)]
Call for Papers and Presentations
APKMC2007 – 9th Asia Pacific Knowledge Management Conference
Preparing for the Future – Intelligence Gathering and Sense-making
28-29 November 2007 Hong Kong
Venue: Bloomberg Auditorium, Hong Kong
Deadline for proposals and abstract (not more than 200 words): 30 September 2007
Rapidly changing business environments, strategic ambiguity and constant waves of new information and knowledge are a challenge for organizations trying to make sense of information and intelligence to survive, compete and succeed.
- How can knowledge management help to scan and make sense of complex information environments?
- What are the latest developments in intelligence gathering and interpretation in government and industry?
- How can an organization scan, interpret and act on early signal in changing
Making sense of information and knowledge for strategic decision-making will be the key topic of our conference this year. Why are some companies ahead of others with ideas, new services and products? How can the anticipation of the future become part of an organization’s knowledge management environment?
Within the scope of the overall conference theme, we are seeking contributions, case studies, company stories addressing topics such as:
- Business intelligence gathering methods
- Combing human and software-supported business intelligence
- Visualization technologies
- Detecting and interpreting weak signals
- Open Source Intelligence
- Organizational ignorance and blind spots
- Contextual search tools
- Wisdom of crowds
- Prediction markets
- Behavioral aspects of Business Intelligence
- Intelligence Gathering and Knowledge Management
- Relational Capital as information source
- Different ways of knowing the future
- Knowledge Scouting
Contributions based on practical cases from the Asia Pacific region are given priority, but we are also looking for theoretical and research contributions.
Please send your proposals to APKMC2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information go to the organizer’s home page.