[German title: Aufruf für Artikel-Beiträge: SKIMA 2008, März, Kathmandu, Nepal]
– 2. Internation Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Applications, 18th-21st March, 2008, Kathmandu, Nepal
Submission Deadline: 15th October ,2007
Call for Papers
The aim of this international conference is to bring together researchers and commercial experts in Knowledge Management, Software Engineering and Information Systems to share their ideas, experiences and insights for practical applications of recent development. This conference is supported, and is part of the international collaborations in these areas. The conference is aimed primarily at topics which are currently of interests and have immediate practical benefits.
Following the successful event of SKIMA 2006 in Thailand, this second SKIMA conference will be held at Hyatt Regency, Kathmandu, Nepal in 18-21 March 2008. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal, which is situated in a fertile valley with beautiful natural surroundings of Himalayas and rich cultural heritage. The conference will be hosted by Kantipur Engineering College (KEC) – one of the leading engineering colleges of Nepal. The theme of the conference will be on the following topics. Other topics that have industrial and regional relevance would be considered.
- Knowledge Representation Techniques to Semantic Modeling
- Knowledge Acquisition, Retention, Sharing, Refinement, Use or Re-Use
- Knowledge Management Tool: Data Mining, Document Management, Intranets and Workloads
- Knowledge Management and Risk Management Tacit, Codified and Explicit Knowledge
- Knowledge and Organization Theory
- Management of Heterogeneous Knowledge Bases
- Software Agents and Soft Computing Application
- Software Requirements Engineering, Design, Testing
- Software Security and Reliability
- Knowledge Based Software Engineering
- Database and Information System Integration
- Artificial Intelligent, Decision Support System and Optimization Techniques
- Information System Analysis and Specification
- E-Learning, E-Government and E-Tourism
- Network Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Manufacturing Systems
- E-Commerce, E-Business, M-Commerce, M-Business
- Life-Cycle Management
- Agile Systems
- Power Systems and Telecommunications
- Intelligent Controls and Robotics
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION ONLY
Paper submission will be reviewed and evaluated based on its originality, technical quality, and relevance to the conference. All submissions must follow the format provided by IEEE (instruction at http://www.ieee.org). Submission of papers will be carried out electronically via the web in PDF, Word Document or postscript format. After acceptance, the authors are required to prepare a six-page paper for the inclusion in the proceeding of the conference. All accepted paper will be published in the conference proceedings. The extended version of some selected papers will be published in a special issue of the International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research (IJCIR) and International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management (IJPLM).
Why Submit to SKIMA ?
The conference is technically Co-sponsored by IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS)
This is the second conference resulted from the international collaboration and support of number of parties, in particular, the EU-Asia link project consortium – Euro-Asia Collaboration and Networking in Information Engineering System Technology (EAST-WEST) TH/Asia Link/004 (91712). There are six partners in this project consortium: University of Bradford (UK), Staffordshire University (UK), Lumière University of Lyon (France), Chiang Mai University (Thailand), Kantipur Engineering College (Nepal) and Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China).
There will be a journal publication for selected papers.
First Call: End of May,2007
Submission Deadline: 15th October ,2007
Notification acceptance: 30th November, 2007
Camera Ready deadline: 31th December ,2007
Conference Date: 18th – 21th March, 2008
For further information go to the.