[German title: [Konferenz] Aufruf für Artikel-Beiträge: WSKS’08, Athen, September 2008, Griechenland]
WSKS’08 – Athens World Summit on the Knowledge Society, Athens, Greece, 26-28 September 2008
10th May 2008 – Submission of papers
5th June 2008 –papers submission deadline for consideration (extended deadline)
The World Summit on the Knowledge Society, is an international attempt to promote the dialogue for the main aspects of the Knowledge Society towards a BETTER WORLD for all. The World Summit on the Knowledge Society will bring together Academics, People from Industry, Policy Makers, Politicians, Government Officers and active citizens to look at the impact of Information Technology, and the knowledge-based era it is creating, on key facets of today’s world: the state, business, society and culture.
Five general pillars provide the constitutional elements of the Summit:
- Government and Democracy in the Knowledge Society
- Research and Sustainable Development in the Knowledge Society
- Social and Humanistic Computing for the Knowledge Society
- Information Technologies for the Knowledge Society
- Education, Culture, Business, Tourism, Entertainment in the Knowledge Society.
We need a better world. We contribute with our sound voices to the agenda, policies and actions. We invite you to join your voice with ours and all together to shape a new deal for our world. Education, Sustainable Development, Health, Opportunities for well being, Culture, Collaboration, Peace, Democracy, Techology for all. Open Minds for a Better World.
High-quality research submission on any of the topics of the event are sought. The conference organizes a main track around the four principal topics: e-democracy and e-government, e-business and information systems, social and humanistic computing, and digital culture and e-tourism. All the papers submitted to the conference will be peer-reviewed by experts in the area. Industrial and Ph.D. tracks will be organized separately.
In addition to the main tracks, special tracks for specific aspects covered by these four topics will be organized.
- 10th May 2008 – Submission of papers
- 5th June 2008 – Extended papers submission deadline
- 25th June 2008 – Notification of acceptance/rejection to authors
- 25th July 2008 – Camera ready papers
Further information on the conference website.