[German title: [Konferenz] Aufruf für Beiträge: ICIKM, März 2008, Kathmandu, Nepal (Translate text to: Deutsch)]
– International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, March 24-29 , 2008, Kathmandu, Nepal
Theme: Information and Knowledge Management in a Connected World: A Challenge for the Developing Countries
Contributions are due February 28, 2008
ICIKM 2008 is to bridge the knowledge gaps between the developing and the developed countries in the field of information and knowledge management, and the conference will aim to strengthen the academic collaboration and strategic alliances in the development of information and knowledge management across the world in digital form. The conference will provide an international forum for sharing of information, experiences and ideas among researchers, educators, practitioners and policy makers from a variety of disciplines such as Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Archival and Museum studies and Knowledge Management. A galaxy of international and national experts in the field is expected to enrich the forum.
Sub-Themes (among others):
Information and Knowledge Management
- KM architecture, system design, applications and practices
- Knowledge assets, barriers to knowledge
- Knowledge audits, benchmarks, maturity measures
- Knowledge discovery: databases and portals
- Knowledge generation and transfer
- Knowledge-based IT infrastructures and its role
- Challenges and opportunities in KM
For further information go to the.