[German title: [Workshop] Aufruf für Artikel-Beiträge: SWKM, April 2008, Peking, China (Translate text to: Deutsch)]
SWKM2008 – Social Web and Knowledge Management
April 22nd, 2008, Beijing, China
Deadline for submissions: January 21, 2008
Located at the 17th World Wide Web Conference WWW2008
The social web, the most interesting part of the Web 2.0, aims at bringing people together and facilitating richer interaction among them. It is characterized by a strong focus on communities where people share experiences, information and knowledge, meet and discuss, or do business together. The social web challenges will be studied in this workshop from two perspectives: knowledge management and social web search and mining.
Knowledge management systems focus on knowledge and experience sharing. They enhance organization capabilities by externalizing knowledge of its employees and combine them in novel forms. Therefore, there is a common interest in social structures as well as social computing in both fields. The social web can be the common underlying platform for novel and web-based knowledge management systems. It breaks up rigid processes and enables much richer interaction possibilities and creativity. In this workshop we will bring together people from the areas of social web technologies, semantic systems, and knowledge management. We would like to study synergies between social computing, social web, semantic systems, and knowledge management and provide a look at the current state of the art in the area.
The aspect of Social Web Search and Social Mining is described on its own web site.
To ensure a creative atmosphere during the workshop, the presenters will be selected based on their submitted papers and demonstrations. In order to obtain an intensive exchange of ideas between the participants, enough time for discussion will be ensured.
A programme will be published here upon notification of the authors and receiving the camera ready versions of the submissions.
Topics of Interest
Main topics of interest in the areas of Social Semantic Web and Knowledge Management include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge management and social web
- Flexible processes for knowledge management on social web
- Wikis, blogs and other means for information sharing
- Semantics and social web
- Personalization and User Modeling in semantic wikis, blogs, and other web 2.0 applications
- Personalized Search in Social Web
- Reasoning on the social web
- Reason maintenance and social web
- Text and media extraction, clustering and classification and social web
- Privacy and security for knowledge management and social web
- Theoretical models of communities on social web
- Discovering social structures and communities
- Evolution and temporal analysis of online social networks
- Integration of heterogeneous social web applications
- Applications of social web
- Deadline for submissions: January 21, 2008
- Notification of acceptance: February 18, 2008
- Camera-ready versions: March 1st, 2008
- Workshop: April 22nd, 2008
For more information go to the workshop site.