[Deutscher Titel: [Konferenz] Aufruf für Artikel-Beiträge: Practical Aspects of Knowledge Management, November 2008, Japan]
PAKM2008: 7th International Conference on Practical Aspects of Knowledge Management, Hiyoshi Campus, Keio University, Japan, Nov. 21 – 23, 2008
Deadline for Submission: Aug. 5th, 2008 (Hawaii Time)
Aim and Scope
The PAKM Conference Series offers a communication forum and meeting ground for practitioners and researchers in developing and deploying advanced business solutions for the management of knowledge in organisations. PAKM is a forum for people to share their views, to exchange ideas, to develop new insights, and to envision completely new kinds of solutions to Knowledge Management problems.
The topics will cover all relevant aspects of knowledge management. We invite practitioners and researchers from all over the world to submit papers. We are looking forward to a conference which will address a wide spectrum of topics from a variety of perspectives.
PAKM2008 addresses all aspects of Knowledge Management and their role in next-generation business solutions. We seek original contributions in the triangle of business and organisation sciences, cognitive science, and computer science that represent a true advancement beyond the state-of-the-art of Knowledge Management.
- Business and organisation sciences provide the overall framework for developing a knowledge management approach with a focus on the business aspects rather than on information technology aspects.
- Computer science provides the tools needed to build the information systems that are often required to make certain aspects of a knowledge management solution work.
- Cognitive science helps to design knowledge management solutions in line with the cognitive capabilities of the people involved and optimally embedded in their work context.
Call for Papers
We wish to encourage the submission of contributions that espouse an interdisciplinary approach, which will therefore be favoured over one-dimensional papers.
Apart from a clear description of the real-world problems they address, papers must point out the business benefits of the suggested solutions. Furthermore, papers should emphasize the novel aspects of the suggested approach.
Papers may address one or more of the following topics, or any other topic as long as it fits into the overall conference theme:
- Building and maintaining knowledge inventories
- knowledge directories
- knowledge modelling
- automatic creation of meta data
- knowledge integration
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing
- knowledge sharing communities
- social software
- knowledge sharing and collaboration platforms
- integration of processes across organisational boundaries
- Capturing and securing knowledge
- knowledge capturing within business processes
- knowledge acquisition, lessons learned, debriefing
- organisational memories
- Knowledge utilization
- content-oriented retrieval
- question answering
- integration of knowledge and business processes
- graphical user interfaces for retrieving and visualizing knowledge
- Developing new knowledge
- innovation management
- ontology learning and development
- knowledge mining (from data, text and the Web)
- communities of practice
- Knowledge – Measurement
- measuring the benefits of knowledge management solutions
- intellectual capital
One day workshops
- WS1:Knowledge Networks: Discovering network structure and patterns using Social Network Analysis, by Dr. Remko Helms and Dr. Miha Škerlavaj
- WS2: Integrating Taxonomies and Folksonomies for Enhanced Knowledge Navigation (ITFEKN 2008), by Dr. Eric Tsui and Dr. Kiu Ching Chieh
- WS3: Next Generation Corporate KM Systems, by Dr. Kemal A. Delic & Dr. Jeff A. Riley
- WS4:Technologies for Knowledge Management, by Dr. Rosina Weber
Half day workshop
- WS5:Knowledge Management for Service Innovation, by Prof. Yoshinori Hara and Prof. Takahira Yamaguchi
- Paper Submission:
- Deadline for Submission: July 15th, 2008
- Extended Deadline for Submission: July 29th, 2008 (Hawaii Time)
- Extended Deadline for Submission: August 29th, 2008
- Notification: August 15th, 2008
- Extended Notification: August 29th, 2008
- Camera-Ready: August 30th, 2008
- Extended Camera-Ready: September 8th, 2008
- Workshop Proposals:
- June 30th, 2008: submission deadline for workshop proposals
- Extended: July 15th, 2008: submission deadline for workshop proposals
- July 15th, 2008: acceptance notification
- Extended: July 25th, 2008: acceptance notification
- Workshop Paper Submission:
- Workshop paper submission deadline : 15 September 2008
- Workshop paper submission deadline (Extended) : 30 September 2008
- Notification of paper acceptance : 15 October 2008
- Camera-ready of accepted paper : 31 October 2008
- Workshop day : 21 November 2008
For more Information go to the conference website.