[Deutscher Titel: [Journal] Aufruf für Artikel-Beiträge: Spezialausgabe: “F&E-Transfer und Management von intellektuellem Kaptial multinationaler Unternehmen]
Call For papers
Special Issue on: “Multinational Corporations’ R&D Transfer and Intellectual Capital Management”
International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital (IJLIC)
Contact with Guest Editors: ASAP
Submission of manuscripts: 15 September, 2008
Miltiadis Lytras, University of Patras, Greece
Patricia Ordóñez de Pablos, University of Oviedo, Spain
Jing-yuan Zhao, Beijing Union University, China
Along with economy globalisation and the arrival of the knowledge-based economy, multinational corporations pursue an R&D globalisation stratagy to support market exploitation overseas in order to improve competitive power by using overseas science and technology resources. Multinational corporations’ R&D organisations, with strong capital advantage, establish laboratories and research institutions across the world to reduce production costs and improve localisation and diversity of product design by using local human resources, technical resources and market information.
The global R&D transfer of multinational corporations rose in the 1980s, and in the 1990s created an upsurge, its main distribution being in developed countries. At the end of the 20th century, an emerging tendency saw multinational corporations transferring R&D institutions to developing countries with rapid economic development. Asia-Pacific countries, such as China, South Korea, Singapore, India, and China Taiwan are committed to attracting multinational corporations’ R&D transfer.
The special issue deals with issues revolving around the characteristics and models of multinational corporations’ R&D transfer, the influence on local firms’ innovation and regional competitive power, R&D cooperation between multinational corporations and local academic institutions, the establishment of an innovation environment, intellectual property protection, Government policies, etc.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Survey of multinational corporations’ R&D transfer
- Multinational corporations’ R&D influence on cooperating countries
- Human resource training and management
- Innovation environment establishment
- Industry-academia R&D alliances
- Multinational corporations’ R&D outsourcing and local firm innovation management
- Intellectual capital management, organisation learning, knowledge management, knowledge spiller-over, technology diffusion
- Managing core technology and competence
- Science and technology intermediary service
- Intellectual property protection
- Technology transactions
- Government policies
- Case studies
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
- Contact with Guest Editors: ASAP
- Submission of manuscripts: 15 September, 2008
- Notification to authors: 30 October, 2008
- Final versions due: 15 November 2008
For more information go to the website of the call.
Copyright © Inderscience Enterprises Limited. All rights reserved.