[Deutscher Titel: International Journal of Innovation and Learning, 5 (6), 2008 – interessante Artikel]
Architectural features of Knowledge Management success organisations 617 – 632
Gyeung-Min Kim, Eun-Sook Kil
- Abstract: The success of Knowledge Management Systems (KMS) is ensured by the alignment of the technological infrastructure with other architectural elements of the organisation such as organisational forms, Knowledge Management (KM) process, human resource and reward systems. Despite the importance of the architectural alignment and KM, businesses tend to view KM as an information system project and focus on the implementation of KMS. The purpose of this research is to identify the architectural features of KM success organisations. The results of this research help managers to understand the architectural characteristics necessary to ensure KM success.
- Keywords: human resources; knowledge management; KM; organisational structure; process; technological infrastructure; reward systems; success factors.
- DOI: 10.1504/IJIL.2008.019144
Knowledge Management practices: a sectorial analysis 683 – 710
M.D. Singh, R. Kant, R. Narain
- Abstract: The main objective of this paper is to understand the similarities and dissimilarities of Knowledge Management (KM) practices in different selected sectors of Indian engineering industries. A set of hypotheses has been formulated and tested on the basis of a postal survey. The findings of the sectorial analysis show that the selected sectors do not significantly differ on KM characteristics and problems but differ in the intensity of knowledge sharing and openness in their organisations. Further, it has been observed that there is disagreement on the levels of use of various KM enablers and also on the benefits of using KM.
- Keywords: Indian engineering industries; knowledge management; KM enablers; India.
- DOI: 10.1504/IJIL.2008.019148
Read/purchase the articles online.
Copyright © Inderscience Enterprises Limited