[Deutscher Titel: [Konferenz] Aufruf für Präsentations-Beiträge: APQC’s Knowledge Management Conference, Mai 2009, USA]
APQC’s 14th Annual Knowledge Management Conference, May 14-15, 2009, Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa, Houston, Texas, USA
Abstract submission deadline: November 17, 2008
2009 CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
THEME: The Knowledge Transfer Revolution: New Paradigms, New Payoffs
This year, APQC’s continues its 14 year tradition of having the best KM practitioners tell the best stories of the creative use and measureable impact of KM from around the world. As energy costs rise, skill shortages persist, and global operations expand and become more complex, organizations can ill afford to waste time reinventing solutions. Nor can they let new employees search in frustration for the information and advice they need to do their jobs. Innovations in the transfer and use of knowledge and best practices is more urgent than ever, and requires sometimes difficult change.
APQC calls on KM practitioners to share how they have addressed these new challenges. We are now accepting abstracts the 14th knowledge management conference, to be held May 14-15, 2009 at the Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa in Houston.
Since helping to launch knowledge management as a key business practice in 1995, APQC has developed unparalleled insight into emerging trends and has provided hundreds of organizations practical tools and techniques to apply KM for winning results. One way we have accomplished this is through our unique annual conferences featuring real-world best practices, presented by the KM practitioners who make it happen.
- Link KM to the strategic issues that matter in organizations today
- Showcase KM success stories and lessons learned from the leading edge of KM
- Provide a forum for the most practical, important, and innovative people in KM to share and learn
- Support accelerated KM learning through outstanding sessions and intensive and structured networking
- Present actionable advice on KM tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Share APQC’s newest research on best practices in KM
- Discover emerging issues and opportunities in KM
APQC’s KM conferences attract leading KM practitioners from around the world. Our keynote speakers, including senior executives from major corporations as well as exceptional thought leaders in KM and other disciplines, expand the perspective and skills of our attendees.
SUGGESTED PRESENTATION TOPICS
The following are examples of topics consistent with the theme of this conference, but abstract submissions are not limited to these topics.
Track 1: New and Effective Approaches to the Transfer of Knowledge and Best Practices
- Cases on the transfer of knowledge and best practices across organizational units and regions, addressing issues of Not-invented-here, cultural differences, making the time to document and share, and assistance to recipients to adopt and use the practices.
- This section may include cases addressing the identification and transfer of knowledge across generations of people at work.
- Cases may include the practical application of Enterprise 2.0 Technologies for Social Computing and knowledge sharing and management in organizations. How are they changing the dynamics of knowledge sharing in organizations? What results are being achieved?
Track 2: New Ways of Working and Collaboration
- Cases using new approaches to collaboration (face to face and virtual), especially in a global work force
- Approaches to address the need of remote locations to tap into the collective knowledge of the enterprise
- Techniques for engaging subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure the right knowledge and approaches are being captured and shared
- Effective approaches to leverage SMEs’ time while still allowing them to continue their day jobs
- Case examples of approaches to promote creativity and problem solving in teams
- Changing approaches to global expertise location
- Practical, organization-specific research on what works and what doesn’t and the drivers of success
Track 3: Engaging Leaders at All Levels and Driving Change
- How to engage leaders in understanding the value of KM and supporting KM initiatives to address business issues
- Putting KM into business terms for your organization
- Providing successful examples of KM business cases
- Understanding which KM approaches seem best suited to particular business issues or situations
- Accelerating the rate of change and improvement through KM initiatives
- Frameworks for change management that will address all of the barriers to KM and accelerate the rate of improvement
- Discover techniques for identifying and developing a custom change strategy
Track 4: Linking KM to Strategic Issues
- Environmental Sustainability: Examples of using KM initiatives and communities of practice on “green” themes
- Revenue Growth: Examples of using KM approaches in business development, sales, and marketing functions
- Using KM in R&D and Innovation: Cases on how KM can help accelerate and improve innovation, techniques for reducing the cost of R&D and the cycle time for product development through appropriate knowledge-sharing approaches, reduce barriers to the reuse of knowledge and experiments
For more information go to the website of the call.
© American Productivity and Quality Center